Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hooray for Katie

Livvy laughs and laughs when she sees this picture. ""SMom, 'smom. hahaha glasses, glasses mom. Hahahaha"

Some of the ladies and I from church have been getting together Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings to exercise. A group us run, while the others stay back and watch the kids, then we switch and they go out. My friends were planning on running the Borgess (a hospital) 5K run and I decided to do it with them. I DID IT! I was able to run the whole way, in good time too (33:35). That is by far my best ever. I did a 5K run in Rexburg before, but I walked some in it. My body handled the running pretty well. Now I am trying to decide if I want to run some more races (I use this term very lightly as I am not out to win, but just to finish). We'll have to see. I am just pleased that I was able to do this and feel good afterwards.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Congrats on the Run. After seeing the marathon runners while camping, I wondered if I could ever do something like that. I imagine it would be very invigorating, but I don't see myself doing it anytime soon. Good luck for the next one!!

Lindsey said...

YAY for your best time ever. The training definitely paid off.

Weston and William's Blog said...

Congrats! I love running- it just feels soooo rewarding! And that is a great time! You are too cute. Were your kids there cheering you on?

Katie staten said...

The race was early and the weather was cold. We opted to let the kids sleep in and stay warm.