Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Prayer

This morning Luke was saying the blessing on our breakfast. At the age of 7 prayers are short, sweet and simple, and of course fast. There are times when my boy can touch my heart so powerfully with just the smallest things. Luke came home from school yesterday and informed me that they were getting a new boy in there class the following day. He was excited, but he was worried because they were starting something that the class had been practicing, and he knew the new boy wouldn't have been able to practice. We talked about it and how he could be a good friend. This morning my sweet boy while saying the blessing on the food blessed that the new boy would have a good day, and would do well in their class. I was so touched that he remembered and cared enough to think about the new kid in his prayer. Today after school he said that the new boy had had a good day and had fun. What a good example Luke is to me to remind me to think about and pray for others. Thanks Luke, I love you.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

That is so touching. Sometimes I think we are given our children to help remind us to be more compassionate. Jadyn has already been a good example to me.

Weston and William's Blog said...

awwww, Luke is just so sweet. They can tewach us so much, can't they? I wouldn't have thought to say a prayer for the "new boy." What a dear.