Olivia got her first haircut yesterday. She was as good as gold. She sat up in the chair and looked in the mirror, and only turned to looked when Luke was dancing around on the floor behind her. By the end of the haircut, she was getting restless and I started pointing out the fish and sea creatures on her cape. She held still and had fun naming all the creatures at that point. But if any of you have not experienced her "stone face" look, this is it. When she is in a situation where she is uncomfortable, she locks down the emotions and she won't smile, talk, or really do anything. I was glad she came out of it by the end of the haircut. People came in to talk to Rebecca, the lady who was cutting her hair, and then they "Oohed and Aahed" over Livvy. It was fun.
Rebecca did a great job with Olivia. Luke and Max were great too. We are babysitting our friend's son, Max for a few days. Poor Max, was stuck in a stroller the whole time. He kept saying "I want to get out." I kept telling him that I knew but that I needed to know where he was while Livvy was up in the chair. Max was very good about it, and just ate the Animal Crackers Luke was giving him. When I scheduled the hair appointment, Luke said, "Don't forget to take the camera." Then when we were pulling out of the driveway, he again asked if I remembered the camera. What a good boy. He had to remind me to get it out while we were there. Thanks Luke. (I did take more pictures, but Rebecca's tank top was a little revealing, so we put the ones in with the best coverage).
We had Olivia's hair evened up into a bob. It looks so cute, but it sure is a lot shorter that it used to be. At least the top now can grow even with the sides and back. Before, in her pigtails there were short hairs and then a chunk of hair that was really long. She looks so cute.
2 comments:
She is so cute! Now we need some "after pictures!" I love that straight face! Weston just cries and screams. What a good girl Livvy was!!!
Way to go Livvy for holding still. Can't wait to see her new hairdo tomorrow at church.
Post a Comment