These are just such lovely shots of myself that I am so happy to post them...but it's for the journal you know. We went cherry picking at a farm in Mattawan with our friends Derek and Alicia. We didn't get many pictures, but the kids, especially Luke had a blast picking cherries. Luke didn't "need" the ladders. He was in it for climbing the trees. He did pick a bunch of cherries.
Olivia was mainly into running around, needing to go potty, and getting injured. Olivia at one point was running with so much joy to come and give me a hug. She didn't see the bucket I was wearing (I'm not sure how she could miss it), and ran smack into it. She hit her open mouth pretty hard, I was scared we would have a loose or missing tooth, but luckily it was just blood.
That left Ryan to pretty much pick by himself. We got around 20 pounds. I've never put up cherries before, I remember when my mom would bottle them, but I can't remember if I liked them, so we decided to just freeze them.
When we got home, I was washing the cherries and Olivia pulled up a chair and helped for a good 30 minutes. I made her take off her shirt so she wouldn't stain it with the cherry juice. She had so much fun, and she actually was very helpful.
6 comments:
fun! I've never been cherry picking but I'll have to try!!! yummy!! How is Livvy now?
You look really tan in these shots. I'm going to look like a pale ghost next to you!
We froze some of ours too. It looks lik eyou are having a fun summer.
I've never picked them before! I'll have to put it on my list next year!
Hi Katie, Looks like you are enjoying your kids. Enjoy them while they are young they grow up very quickly. Your cherry picking reminds me of my kids when they were younger and more willing to go along with it and we would go berry picking. One of my favorite fruits, Raspberries. Andrea told me you had a blog. She convinced me to do one while she was up here for my wedding. So I have been trying to get all the most recent activities on the blog. Finally I am about current. It is almost as fun as scrapbooking. livelovelaughvinsants.blogspot.com
Hope all is well with you, Nat
Nice necked bebe! great to see you pickin cherries!Marzidotes
Post a Comment