Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 3 continued

We left Red Lodge and drove like crazy to Cody Wyoming where we went on a tour of and LDS chapel. I know there are quite a few of those throughout the world, but this one is a Church Historical Pioneer site. There are full time missionaries who serve there and give tours. It was very special to hear of the strength of our pioneer ancestors whose faith and prayers helped to establish the church and the west.
After the short stop in Cody, we left for Jackson Hole Wyoming where we had an Old Time Western Photo done of the entire family. Ryan and the kids and I were able to get on of our family as well. I haven't tried to scan it yet, we have the copyright, so I'll have to try to post it on here.
After that we went to Bar J Wranglers. They serve you a meal like you would get on the cattle drive, steak, chicken or BBQ beef (which was by far the best option), baked potatoes, beans, applesauce, rolls, and dessert. It was a good meal, a TON of food, plus it was all you can eat. No one went away hungry that night.
After the dinner, the Bar J Wranglers put on a very fun show. It's one of my parents favorite things to do. It's a combination of comedy, cowboy poetry, and country music. It was a fun time, Luke loved every minute of it. Olivia loved the first 10 minutes of it. All in all, the kids did very well, even after a long day in the car, and having to behave for 2 hours + at the show.
That night we slept in a hotel in Jackson Hole.


2 comments:

val m said...

Can't say I've ever been to that church site - should I put it on the list? I love Livy's smile in the picture!

Steven said...

Wow!!! so much fun. I love going to the Bar-J-Wrangler, the food is definitely so amazing...and can you believe how fast they feed everyone!