Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Date with Luke

On Friday March 14th, Luke and I (mom) were able to go on a date. I was so excited, I had even tucked a note in his school snack letting him know how excited I was. Ryan made it home early, and Luke and I left. We went to the Parlour for dinner. Luke wanted sausage pizza and a root beer float. It was so much fun. We needed some time out, and boy did Luke open up. Gone were the one word responses I've become accustomed to, Luke opened up so much about school and his life in general. My heart just kept growing with love for him. He even held my hand again. What a great boy. Luke loved having control of the keyless remote for the car.
He wanted to go to Spiderwick Chronicles. Not too long into the movie, as it was intense, I asked Luke if he would like to sit on my lap. He responded that he thought he would be okay. I told him I wasn't sure if I would though. He did end up on my lap, and both of us jumped a few times. I might have even screamed.
Well when the movies let out we went hurrying to the car as it was dark and I am night blind. I normally don't drive at night at all, but decided to for the time with my son. Imagine my surprise as I round the corner to exit the theatre, and there sits Ryan with Livvy in his lap. He came to the theatre to help guide me home in the dark.
What a great night. I was able to spend good time one on one with Luke, and my wonderful husband came to make sure we made it home safe. What a great family. I am truly blessed.

No comments: