Monday, March 31, 2008

March Madness

My friends said I could delete pictures without deleting the entry. Well I couldn't figure it out and deleted the whole thing, I think. That's why I'm doing it again.



March 22 is our Stake Temple Day, when members of our church try to make it to our Temple to serve. Our Temple is in Chicago which is 3 to 31/2 hours or more away depending on traffic and construction. We organized a fun trip over with many of our friends who could make it. We planned on taking two 15 passenger vans and 26 people were coming, we "Priceline"d hotel rooms and were able to get them for $40 a night. We were so excited and looking forward to the trip. Today we were hit with a major severe winter storm. The roads are AWFUL! We decided it would be in our best interest not to go for safety reasons. We so did not want to be responsible for anyone to be hurt.I am sad. I wanted to go to the Temple. I love the Spirit of the Lord that can be felt so strong, I love being able to focus on my Savior Jesus Christ especially at Easter time. I also wanted to go to be with friends and explore more of Chicago. I'm also sad to have lost the money for the hotel rooms we bought. But knowing that my family and my friends are safe is priceless, and we can find more ways here to focus on our Savior and have and enjoyable Easter.It sure is a beautiful night. We have got a lot of snow. This morning there was no snow, tonight there is close to a foot. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

1 comment:

Weston and William's Blog said...

Awww, that stinks- the weather out here can be crazy- but it looks like you're more in the "snow belt" than we are- we didn't get that much snow with that storm! I love the pictures though if the kids- I can't believe how big they are! It looks like Weston and Livvy will be great friends, and I can't wait to see Luke. Wow he is so big!