!
I suggested that we should have a little BBQ to celebrate the kids year in soccer, and boy did it turn into a BIG party. I organized the food, and our friends rented a bouncer, we also had water balloons and squirt guns, and big buckets of water throughout the yard. It was so hot and humid that day and the kids went crazy playing. We had lots of food, SO much food, and lots of sugar and fun. We stayed for 3 1/2 hours and I believe we were the first ones to leave. We had a High Priest Group social that night we had to get to. It was a lot of fun. The next day I told Luke we had one last chance to sign him up for soccer and asked if he had changed his mind and wanted to play. He said that he did want to play now. I asked him what changed his mind. He answered that when he was at the BBQ playing with the other boys on his team he realized he wouldn't see them again if he didn't play soccer anymore, so he wants to play now.
Everyone had so much fun and it was good to get to know the other parents better.
2 comments:
what a neat idea!!
WOW, sounds like quite the event! It looks like all the kids had a great time! I'm glad Luke wants to play again!
Post a Comment