Thursday, December 18, 2008

Life


Could I be blogging about this cute scared little girl?

Yep, this is the mischievous little girl I'm talking about.


Life has been so crazy and busy. I realize that it will never slow down, but the little breaks here and there are nice. I have a ton of pictures to download to the computer and upload to the blog, I will try and get it done soon.



Monday morning at 2:30 AM Luke woke me up because he had thrown up. Poor kid. He was home from school and very sad, because we were missing our friend's Christmas Party. Then right at the time we should have been at the party, I started in with it too. Man it wiped me out. At least I lost a bunch of weight with it.



Luke had to miss Tuesday as well, he still didn't have his energy back. Neither did I. We were quite the pair watching Olivia tear things apart in the house. Wednesday we tried to get back to normal. I tried to play my soccer game, I could only last 2-3 minutes on the field, and when I'd try to make a break I was thinking, "why won't my legs work?"



When I got home from soccer, Ryan told me to go kiss the kids, because they probably wouldn't be asleep yet. As I was walking up the stairs I asked Ryan what that smell was, and this cute little voice said, "It's soap."



Oh dear! Olivia had gotten out of bed, got the shampoo out of the bathroom, and had proceeded to pour it all over the carpet in the hallway. She was sitting in the middle of it massaging it into the carpet and making foamy bubbles. She was in Heaven. I couldn't help but laugh. What a mess. What a character!



I scraped it out of the carpet the best I could, I need a carpet cleaner to get the rest as I don't want to make bubble explosion all over the hallway.



After that I noticed that Olivia was wheezing, so I gave her a breathing treatment, and it made her wired and she didn't fall asleep until 12:30 AM. It's gonna be a long day today!



So to end, I have to say that I LOVE the 2 year old stage. I don't love the messes, and I don't love the fits, (luckily there aren't many of these for me), but I love the love of life. I love the exploration, I love the learning, I love the joy, I just love it. I do get frustrated at having to call poison control at times, but I love, love love having a 2 year old.



(I try to avoid the messes, Livvy is truly creative).



3 comments:

Kasey said...

I'm so sorry to know that you guys got sick!! There are so many families in our ward that have or had it now too!!

Weston and William's Blog said...

We've been sick too- gosh, at least you had a buddy in Luke to watch Livvy go crazy! I just turned on Diego and put our bowls of crackers, lol.

I love this age, too. I love trying to figure out how their little minds work- they are truly so creative!

Clenece said...

Gezz I have missed alot here....I hope things slow down for you guys...but with you I wont count on it. lol!