Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Making Dough and Making Do





The other day I was making rolls for who knows which activity thing I was involved with that day. Olivia loves to help me work with the dough, but because it was for someone else, I wouldn't let her touch the dough. So I gave her some flour to work with on her own. She was covered with it and having the time of her life.
As you can tell from the background of the pictures that our floor is gone and we have been living on sub floor for about the past month. I am so tired of that! But this week they will start installing our new hard wood floor. And yesterday they came and measured for the carpet. We will see if in these tough economic times if there is any way to afford carpet for our upstairs as well. We may use the laminate from the main level (that wasn't ruined of course) to lay it in Luke's room and the hallway. That could help us afford new flooring upstairs and help Luke's allergies by having a hard surface in his room. We'll find out in a few days.

3 comments:

Weston and William's Blog said...

When I first saw the pictures, I thought that was flower on the floor!!! I'm so glad it's not, and I can't wait to see pictures of the new floor when you get it in!!

val m said...

I remember getting a suggestion to use flour like that to teach math facts - but I hate when flour sticks to my dish towel!! I did let them use shaving cream though!! I hope you can get your new carpet. I'll have to take off my shoes and come see it!!!!

Weston and William's Blog said...

okay, try the blog now! My mom also couldn't see it- I don't know what was wrong, but hopefully it is fixed!