How many of you out there have bunk beds for your kids? They are great! You've got 2 beds, (3 if you're Sarah) and they save so much space in the kid's room. I love them...all except for when it's time to make them.
Can there be a more difficult task? I pull the mattress off and put the mattress pad and fitted sheet on, then put it back on the bed to put the sheets and blankets on. How do you tuck the sheets in, and keep them tidy so they don't hang onto the lower bed? And then ouch, trying to shove the sheets and blankets through that tiny little crack in the first place. As you can tell, I just recently put Luke's bunk beds back together, and made it all neat and tidy. And then what did I find after he crawled on up there to sleep? He pulled all the sheets out of the end that I considered the foot of the bed to become the head of his bed. I just about cried. Oh well, he slept well.
Surely one of us should become rich making an easier way to make a bunk bed.
6 comments:
You could be like my girls and they make the bed and then sleep on top of it with a blanket and the fold the blanket is the morning! Is that creative or lazy - I'm not sure!
Daybeds are hard to make too. We are considering bunkbeds for Tyler, but after reading your post I may just leave him in his queen bed. We have had him in a big bed since Audrey was born so we can turn his room into a guestroom when people come visit.
Did you ever consider just not changing the sheets:) I'm deciding footboards in general aren't a good idea. I bruise my hand every time I make the beds. So glad your parents could be there for Easter! That is a long way to travel, they must really love you all! Hope you had a great weekend!
Amen! I do not look forward to washing their sheets because then I have to make them!
We make it a game and the boys help me. They enjoy holding up the mattress while I Tuck the sheets in then they yell something like bonsai or some other invented word when we drop the mattress all nice and made. It is fun to hear all the new words they can coem up with. Miss YOU Stacy
Try having a full mattress on the bottom bunk! That makes it even harder to make. It's not so easy to lift the mattress. I think the best solution is to leave the bed unmade! By the way, we really did have a good time this weekend. We're looking forward to having you come over so that we can play the Farming Game!
Post a Comment