The other day after swimming lessons, I was trying to herd the cats, I mean kids into the car. We were having our friends over for lunch, and I was trying to hurry to get home and get the food ready as the kids would be starving after swimming. So I got the kids buckled in, and then went to tell Sarah that I would be heading home to start the food. Then I ran and jumped in the car and took off. Livvy started talking about where we were going, and I told her that we would be going home. She started crying and said that Luke wanted to go too. I told her that Luke would be coming. Then turned to look to see what she was talking about. There was Luke's car seat empty. EMPTY? Where is he? I thought for a second he was hiding in the back, which I was going to yell at him about, but Livvy kept crying about how Luke wanted to come too. I then realized that I had left him at swimming.
I whipped a "U"ey, and went on back. Soon, Luke came running to the car with a look of shock on his face. I asked him where he was, and he said that he had forgotten his toy and went back to get it. He said that he had run, screaming after me (the air was on full- for him, and obviously I didn't look out the side of the car to see him) and then he tripped and skinned his knee. He then went back to the house where lessons are at, and was going to ask to use their phone to call me. Lucky for him he had a sister looking out for him, because I had forgotten my phone.
At first he was a little put out that I would leave him, but then he laughed and asked if I was going to blog about it. I had a good laugh (after I got over the shock of having left him), and told him that if he EVER left the car again to let me know before he ran off.
3 comments:
I think that every parent does this at some point. The good part is it is over with and you probably won't have to go through that again, well unless you have 10 kids and have to take two cars to church and you think ryan has that kid and he thinks you have the kid and they end up getting a ride home from the neighbors. Livy is her mothers keeper. :)
lol! Way to go mom! I only KNOW this is SOMETHING I WILL do! lol!
Poor Luke. He must have been pretty desperate to fall while running after you. I guess you know he likes you. Too funny.
Post a Comment