Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Independence

I wished for a camera the moment I saw it, but I didn't have time to find one.
Olivia LOVES carrots. She'll eat them cooked if she must, but she loves them fresh and raw. Many a time I have come around the corner into the kitchen and found her pulling one out of the fridge trying to eat it before it has been washed or peeled. For this reason, I started buying the baby carrots again so she could eat them straight from the fridge. It appears that this one night we were out of baby carrots and so Olivia found a regular carrot. She has been scolded often enough about eating them before they're peeled, that I found reaching up as high as she could on her tippy toes peeling the carrot into the sink.
When she saw me she looked like the kid who got stuck with his hand in the cookie jar. She quickly aborted her plan and threw the peeler into the sink, dropped the carrot and ran off. I wish, I wish, I wish the camera would have been in arms reach. It was the cutest thing in the world.

8 comments:

Weston and William's Blog said...

That is sooooo cute! And hey, you know you don't have to peel the carrots, just wash them really well. THe most nutrients are in the skin!

Kasey said...

How cute. She's a smart little girl.

Sonja said...

I love carrots too. That is so cute.

val m said...

She's a cutie!!! I know what to get her for her b-day - her own peeler!!! JK - I mean carrots!

Staten's said...

How cute is that. It is so fun being a mom!

Nice shiner!

Looks like you guys had lots of fun in Chicago. What a great idea to do temple work on mememorial.

Angella and Eric said...

Now you are deleting my posts. I posted something here yesterday and it's gone! It said:

I am amazed at how independent your children are. I remember Luke doing things like this. Though Kaiya figured out how to get the lock on the refrigerator open and I found her helping herself to blueberries this morning!

Angella and Eric said...

I said that Kaiya has figured out how to get into the refrigerator? She got into the blueberries again while I was in the shower (from Sam's Club, so it was a lot of berries) and ate 3/4 of the carton. You should see her diapers--gross.

So just you and me with kids at the Toledo zoo? I'm assuming Ryan couldn't come. Eric sure can't. This month is killing him. That would be fun.

Angella and Eric said...

By the way, I meant that the zoo would be fun, not letting the month kill Eric. :-)