Saturday, July 11, 2009

World's Largest Breakfast Table



For those of you who don't know Battle Creek, which is just up the road from us is the Cereal Capital of the World. Kellogg's is there. What more needs to be said?
Each year there is the World's Largest Breakfast Table where you can go and enjoy free cereal, juice and bananas. I'm really not sure who hosts it each year, there are a number of cereals that are served. This year it almost wasn't held because of the lovely economy, but area merchants stepped up and sponsored it so the show could go on.
We were able to go this year. It was fun, there were a ton of people there enjoying free breakfast, and the kids loved to see the characters up and down the streets. Luke liked the live bands that were playing. We were only able to get a couple of pictures...silly Mom forgot the camera, but luckily Dad came through with his phone.
And yes, I do have a black eye, the fun of soccer.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

That sounds like my kind of crazy fun. Something about community events like that always draws my interest. Tony the Tiger in real life is very cool. What's up with the coats in July??

Meredith said...

FUN! My first area was Battle Creek and the Longest Breakfast table was like 4 days after I got into the field. We went and did street contacting!!! I was scared to death, but liked eating the cereal. :)

Lindsey said...

That sounds like fun. I had no idea they did this.

Clenece said...

How fun! Looks cold! lol

Angella and Eric said...

Fun stuff! Where is Ryan in all of these pics? Camera shy?