Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Luke's birthday party 2010

Luke is into football this year.  He has been playing flag football, and we are constantly playing catch.  So it made sense to have a football themed party for him for his birthday.  We rented an indoor field at the complex where Luke plays flag football, and invited 9 of his friends to come and play football.  I had dyed   t-shirts in 2 different color (blue and orange- go Boise State!), and then the boys got to choose their color and that determined their team.  We switched up the teams until the boys got too sweaty and then we couldn't change the shirts around anymore.  (YUCK!)  The boys had so much fun playing football.  Even the refs (Ryan and I) joined in and started playing with the boys.  The boys did not want to quit playing after an hour.  It was such a great party because they were able to burn so much energy and get a lot of excercise. 
We live just around the corner from the complex, so after the game we went back to our house and opened presents and had cake and ice cream.  Luke had a ton of fun and said it was his favorite party ever.  It was by far the easiest party I have thrown, and I think we will repeat that one as long as we can.  Especially because Luke has a end of winter birthday it is great to just let the kids run and play hard.  I didn't get any pictures of the kids playing football.  I could have kicked myself for that, but it's hard to ref and play with a camera in your hand.  :)





Luke had a great birthday party, especially because it was on a Friday and school was out for mid winter break.  On Saturday Luke got his presents from his Grandmas and Grandpas and us.  Grandpa and Luke love looking at birds and wildflower.  Grandma and GrandpaP gave him a couple of books which are field guides to wildflowers and birds.  He loved them.  Grandma and Grandpa S gave him a card filled with $25 cash.  Luke was pretty excited about that.  Olivia gave him a small nerf basketball hoop. 

From mom and dad Luke got a present he wasn't expecting and he was SO excited to receive.  (Don't you love it when you get them something they LOVE?  We gave him a video camera with still shot capabilities.  Luke LOVES making up skits and videoing them.  He loves to video tape just about anything.  He has it with him whenever he possibly can.  He'll even yell out, "WAIT!" and then run grab his camera and film whatever it is that he determines film worthy.  He is so funny.  Then he watches his videos back and laughs and laughs.

4 comments:

Clenece said...

COOL GIFT mom and dad!! Happy Birthday LUKE!

Candace said...

That party looked awesome. Great job. I love it when they love the presents.

Marilyn said...

What a great present! There's nothing like capturing lifes memories. He looks a little bit excited too!

val m said...

I love the cake - great job!! How fun to get a video camera!!! I remember the hours he spent with my girls making videos - they were pretty cute!