Monday, September 19, 2011

Cabo San Lucas 2011

Ryan and I were blessed to be able to go on a trip again this year for his work.  Yay for President's Club, and for my husband who works so hard.  We were at Cabo San Lucas this year, and it was a good trip.  The weather was perfect, and we had fun getting to know others Ryan works with.

The beach had quite the incline.  The waves would crash in so strong.  We would stand down at the water line, and then race up the beach trying to avoid the surf.  If it caught you it would push you up the beach and then drag you down into the ocean.  It was fun, but at times it would really grab a hold of you and you had no control over what was happening.  It was not a beach to take children to!

We went horse back riding on the beach.  The horses looked like they were pretty straggly, but they were strong and fast.  We would get to galloping, and I would get laughing so hard, because it was NOT a smooth ride.  It was hilarious, I thought I would get thrown off the horse.  We had a lot of fun, and we had a good guide.  He had 5 kids, I asked him how old his kids were and he said, "10, 8, and younger."




Mango on a stick.  It was delicious, but my favorite was a Mango they would cut off the core, sprinkle it with chili powder and cover it with fresh squeezed lime juice.  Oh it was divine!

Loved this sunset just off our resort.

The Cabo San Lucas Arch.




We loved whale watching,  We saw some amazingly huge whales.  I will try to upload and even better picture from my phone. 


We took an excursion to San Jose and had fun at a street fair.  The food was great.  The vendors at the food booths would give you all these samples to try and get you to buy from them.  We had a great time.  It was fun to be able to spend time with Ryan, I love him.  We sure were excited to come home to our kids though.  And they were excited for the gifts we brought them.  They didn't miss us at all.  They stayed with our friends Abe and Rachel and their  kids, Jackson, Tyson, Jordan, Mariah, and Juliana.  We knew they were in good hands. 
Olivia was complaining of an earache the morning we were to leave, so I got her into the doctor and she had an ear infection.  I got her on antibiotics as soon as I could.  We took the kids to dinner that night and then we were going to drop them off.  At dinner Olivia started complaining even more that her ear was hurting and she started crying.  Within minute her ear drum ruptured and clear fluid was pouring out.  After we left, puss started draining and continued to drain for 2 days.  I had to call the doctor's office from Mexico, luckily I was able to talk to my friend Lisa, who talked to the doctor, who ordered a stronger antibiotic.  It began to clear up after that.  I felt bad because a week later, little Juliana got the same cold Olivia had and got an ear infection too.  Aren't we so sweet to share?

2 comments:

Dal and Nat said...

Looks like an awesome trip..... Hey we wished we would've known you were in Vegas. We were there the last week in June we would have come and seen you..... Maybe next time. We Do our spring break in St George a lot.

Meredith said...

I haven't been good at keeping up on blogs... but you moved?! Do you miss Miss Michigan?

Your kids are cute as ever :) Hope you are liking Vegas!