Oh that I could wax poetic to tell you of the day that I had today. There was so much good, and so much that I wish had never happened. Here is a summation of my last 12 1/2 hours.
Good: This morning I went over to my friend Kasey's house to run with our exercise group. I am having to work back up to running any distance since my back injury, but today we made it about 2 miles.
Good: After running we went over to Valerie's house to have fun with them before we leave on our big trip. We had so much fun. We swam, and talked, the kids had so much fun playing. It was so good.
Good: A few days ago Luke came down with a bad case of Poison Ivy, Oak, or Sumac. He has blisters and welts all over his legs, and a little on his belly. It's been itching him like crazy, and just keeps getting worse. After swimming in the pool, the welts and blisters dried up quite a bit and it looks so much better. I was worried how they'd do in the pool, it was a happy surprise that now he looks like he's on the mend.
Not so Good: Olivia was off playing at Valerie's house. (Their house isn't Livvy proof, and mom was talking too much), I went to check on her as she came running out of Larisa's room. Valerie was making cookies, and I started calling her to come and smell what was in Larisa's room. I couldn't figure out what the smell was. Valerie said, "It's fingernail polish, it's on Livvy's breath too." Oh stink! We looked around the room and finally found it, it was under Larisa's desk. It was a small dot on the carpet, BRIGHT RED! Might I add on white carpet? Valerie and I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed. Do you know how big a small dot grows when you are trying to scrub it out? (How's that for a big mess, Lindsey?) We tried every home remedy we could find on the Internet. We tried every carpet cleaner we could find. We tried bleach. We tried the carpet shampooer. How we tried. Lighting a match in that room wasn't recommended, although it would have taken care of the carpet situation (POOF!) Because of the fumes in there I was finally able to laugh about it. When Valerie's husband Chris came home and we were telling him what happened, I started crying. It definitely looks better than it did, and it's not in the middle of the room, but it's there and my baby did it.
Good: You truly find out how much your friend loves you and your baby when they forgive you for ruining their carpet. We offered to re-carpet their room, the offer still stands.
Good: Valerie made yummy cookies.
Not so good: I took a bite of one and the chocolate spilled out all over my shirt in the most conspicuous spot. (especially not good because of what happens later).
Not so good: We tried to beat the severe weather home, but we couldn't make it. I don't drive well in the dark, and especially in the dark and the rain. The rain cloud's burst, the sky went black, and the wind was so strong it was pushing our car into the on coming traffic. I ask Luke to say a prayer right then and there and he did. We had to pull over for a little while, but then it wasn't safe to do that so we pushed forward.
Good: We were quite close to a WalMart by that point, so we pulled over there to wait out the storm. We had the towels in the van from swimming, so I wrapped the kids in those and made a run for the store. I was completely sopping wet, shirt and pants, shoes, and hair. The kids were fairly dry. We had a dry place to wait out the storm and could get some needed items for our trip.
Not so good: We had been swimming earlier so my hair was a mess, the afore mentioned chocolate was on my shirt, and my face was scary, and I was wet to boot. Too bad the rain couldn't have washed the chocolate off my shirt. I was not fit to be seen in public.
Not so good: This storm didn't follow the normal pattern for our Michigan storms and blow over quickly. We were trapped in WalMart for 2 hours waiting for the skies to lighten up a bit. We finally braved the elements, I wrapped the kids up in soaking towels and made another run for it to the van. I was wet again, but at least we were heading for home.
Good: We were at a Super WalMart so there was a Deli I could get the kids some food as we were trapped there at dinner time.
Good: We were able to watch a beautiful lightening storm on the way home. The rain was such a downpour, you could just feel the drag on the tires as they tried to push forward on the road. Even though we had to floor it to get through a huge deep puddle we were able to make it home. Also, even though power was out on a few stoplights, people were driving very courteously and traffic was running smoothly.
Good: We made it home and it is now bedtime. Tomorrow is a new day, and life is good. I love my Heavenly Father. I am so thankful that He is there to hear our prayers, and love us, and help us through our trials. I am so thankful for my husband, who is putting the kids to bed because he realizes how much this day drained me. I am thankful for the cute laughs and giggles I hear from the 2 amazing kids I have. Good night all, hope your day is filled with many happy memories.
3 comments:
Awwww, too cute. Sounds like quite the day! Just the swimming would have exhausted our family, and then to add the storm on top of that- oh my gosh. Get some sleep!
wow what a day!!! Are you coming to Idaho???
not sure whether to reply on mine or yours...we are driving through Rexburg on our way to and from yellowstone on the 10th and 14th. Would you be there then?
Post a Comment