Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lost in Bountiful

Ryan and I decided to go for a walk one morning while we were in Utah. We were up in the mountains by the Bountiful Temple. I am unfamiliar with the area, so Ryan came with me. We were pushing Olivia in the stroller while Luke played with the cousins. The Temple is a mile and a half from the house we were staying. Off we went, enjoying the beautiful scenery and the wildlife, we saw deer and lizards along the way. The hills and valleys just about killed us flat land Michiganders (hehe, I still don't consider myself a Michigander). We finally made it to the Temple, but not before being put to shame. There were 2 moms we passed, they were running, and one of them was pushing a double stroller with 2 large toddlers, and the other was pushing a triple stroller with 3 large toddlers. They were RUNNING. I could barely move after our WALK, my hips and feet hurt so bad. We walked all the way around the Temple, it is beautiful. (Unfortunately it was closed for cleaning so doing a session wasn't an option).
On the way back, the top of my foot started hurting and burning really bad, it felt like there was this vibration and grinding in it. I thought more than once that I should send Ryan for the car while I waited, but I'm no wimp, so I kept on going. It seemed yet again to take forever, and then I realized we were at a golf course- we hadn't passed a golf course. We were lost. Neither one of us had taken a cell phone, and we didn't have our address with us. We were so brilliant. It was a good thing that Livvy fell asleep, she wasn't fussy at all.
Luckily Ryan is pretty good with directions (as proved by our getting lost in the first place), and we were able to back track back down the Steep hill we had just climbed, to go back up another steep hill to see if we were headed the right direction. Finally we found the Llamas we remembered passing and we made it back. I couldn't wear my tennis shoes for the rest of the trip, the top of my foot hurt so bad.
Our 3 mile walk turned into a 6 mile walk in the heat of the morning. We left from there to go swimming and soak our aching feet.

No comments: