Tuesday, July 6, 2010

FSA Picnic 2010

We went to the Family Supporting Adoption Picnic in Detroit this June.  We went early in the day and Ryan and I were able to do a session at the Temple before it started.  Then we went to Five Guys to eat burgers and Idaho Potato french fries.  The fries were from a farm in Hamer, ID.  Five Guys burgers and fries are the BEST!!!!!!!   After Five Guys, we really weren't hungry for the food at the picnic, but there was a splash park there, and the kids had a blast playing in the water.  The great thing is is that the park really isn't too far from the Temple, so we can let the kids play there after we've done a session. 
It was nice to go to the picnic, we were able to meet the new director of LDS Family Services, and we were able to meet again other families that have adopted and that also have trans-racial families.  We are so blessed to have the opportunities we do.  How thankful I am for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and for the focus they have on families.  Families are forever.  I am so thankful that my family has been sealed in the Temple, and that we are a forever family. 

1 comment:

val m said...

It sounds like a great Day!!! What a blessing the gospel is!! I love Livys hair in the last pic - it looks so cute that way!