Tuesday, July 6, 2010

SS City of Milwaukee


On Sunday we toured a historical monument.  It was the SS City of Milwaukee.  It is a huge ship that would carry fully loaded train cargo cars across Lake Michigan from Michigan to Wisconsin.  It was an amazing ship.  Of course the engine and mechanics of the ship went right over my head.  I didn't care to know all that jazz other than it was a very powerful ship.  It was very strong and was made to break through the ice that would form on Lake Michigan.  Millions of miles were put on it, and it could still run today very efficiently. 
The ship was always kept in top ship shape when it was in business, it was sad to see that they are letting it rust, and chip, and fall in disarray.  It was a fun tour and I'm very glad we went.

1 comment:

val m said...

I need the Lake!!! I need the Lake!!!