Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It's been a while, Luke's loose tooth.

So it's been a while since my last post. My Sister in Law was here with my nieces Brooklyn and Kaiya, and I found myself too busy to post. I need to get the camera connected back to the computer and update some pictures. Maybe tomorrow.
Luke lost another tooth tonight. That boy is so funny. He hates to wiggle his teeth and wants them to stay put in his mouth. Last night I was holding him down wiggling them to see how close they were to coming out. Thank goodness the windows and door were closed, cause people I'm sure would've thought I was killing him. He's screaming/laughing alternately (scaring Livvy to death), and yelling "somebody help me, I'm being held hostage!" Where does he come up with this stuff? Livvy decided she needed to settle things down and she was playing dentist. She was sure a good one. She kept grabbing at his teeth trying to wiggle and pull. She kept it up for about 5 minutes. Then she started manipulating his skin to make him pull all these funny faces. Then she tried again to pull out his teeth. When it didn't work, she hauled off and slapped him a good one right across the cheeks. Go Livvy Girl! What a dentist! We were all laughing so hard, yes Luke was too. He kept saying, "you need to be video taping this." He was right, but we were having too much fun watching we didn't grab the camera. Oh, our funny kids.
So tonight Luke was in the bathtub and started finally wiggling his tooth. I think he thought it would be better for him to do it that let us try again. All of the sudden he says go got it to pop a little and sure enough, it started bleeding and was just barely hanging on. He wouldn't let us near, but kept on wiggling, then out it came. Yea! Way to go Luke.
After the bath he brought his tooth downstairs and of course it gets put in a high traffic non-secure location. Surprise the tooth went missing. Luke informed us that he had said a prayer to find it. We let him know that that was great but now we have to show our faith by looking for it. I think I put it in the terms that the Lord didn't want us to go sit in a corner and He'd throw it at us, but we needed to look and listen and think about where we should look. So the whole family gets down on hand and knees searching for this tiny tooth. We looked and looked. It was past bedtime and I was exhausted. I had a feeling it might've fallen down under the thresh hold between the linoleum and laminate wood floor, but didn't know how to get it out without vacuuming it up. Sure enough, I was lucky enough to pull it out with the suction of the vacuum without it being pulled up the tube (I'm not sure how that happened). Luke was so happy his tooth was found, and we were so glad that we were able to have a lesson on prayer, faith and works. Now we are just happy that the tooth is out, the Tooth Fairy is on her way, and that it's finally bedtime. Good Night.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Glad to hear the tooth survived. What a story! I would have paid money to see little Livvy being a dentist.

Carrie said...

Oh man... I laughed so hard at the beginning of your story!!!! Hostage??? Who at his age says that? And I probably laughed because I can relate to the not wanting to get seen abusing my child bit. When we give Lainey flonase we have to put her head between our knees and then the non-head vicing parent has to hold down the rest of her body just to get that one little squirt up there!!! Always glad no one sees us!

Thanks for the laugh. Glad you found the tooth!

Sonja said...

thanks for the laugh. that's hilarious.