So my 2 young ones have been on a plane more times in their young lives, I think I can't even count for Luke anymore. Olivia has flown I think for 4 trips back home to the west. For Luke it's way more than that. This is our flight back to Idaho this last summer. We left for our grand vacation on July 17th, 2009. We flew with Angella and her girls. She had the calm young group of 3, and I had the rambunctious group of 2. Olivia did very well, she was sitting in the middle seat and was so excited for take off because Luke was. When the plane started to go fast to leave the ground, Olivia became very nervous. She reached over and grabbed my hand and hung on for dear life. She didn't cry, she didn't need to be held, she just wanted to hold my hand for comfort. It was one of the sweetest moments I've had. Once we got in the air and we were flying smoothly she let go and was fine. When we hit turbulence, and again at the landing she reached over and held my hand again. I never want to forget that. I hope that she always that she can come to me, and that I can be a comfort to her. It was a precious moment for me. I can't even really explain my feelings in words how it felt, I just hope that she knows that I will always be there for her.
We were very happy to reach Utah. We left Michigan with low 60 temps, and stepped off the plane with 100+dry heat to meet us. It was a shock to the body. Luke was excited to see the mountains. We sure love the west.
1 comment:
Ahh!! You have to love those little hands!
Post a Comment