So I've been feeling the urge to blog about things that I'm thankful for. You know it's funny things that really get me thinking about this. Like the other day when I hadn't been able to take a shower until Ryan got home that night. By the time I get into the shower I'm feeling so grungy, greasy and gross that I was so thankful to have a shower with hot, albeit very light orange water. (We have a rusty water problem in our area. We've had the city come, they just tell us there's nothing that can be done yet). Anyway that amazing feeling of becoming clean always gets me thinking about all the other things that I have to be thankful for. Some are deeply personal and some are silly, but for all of them I am thankful. Here's the start of my list, I know there are too many things to complete it all at once, so little by little we'll proceed.
My Savior Jesus Christ and His Gospel. He is my everything. My heart is full of love and gratitude for Him and all the blessings I receive. I could go on forever on this subject.
My Husband, Ryan. What a great, wonderful, kind, caring man. Do I need to say anything more than he will clean up the poop that Olivia so unkindly and generously left in the bathtub? Again I could go on forever.
Lukas - He is such a wonderful boy. He brings so much light, joy and happiness to my life. He is growing so mature and teaching me everyday what it means to be a parent. I love him so much. And yes, I get upset and mad and frustrated, but I love him no matter what.
Olivia - What a girl. She too brings such joy and love to our family. I love her smiles, her hugs, her "I yuv you"s and more. I am so thankful to see both Luke and Livvy to have a sibling to play and grow with together.
Family- I would not be who I am without my family, (mine and Ryan's). I am grateful for all they have done for me and the examples they set.
Friends - I am so thankful for my friends. I know I can survive and even thrive anywhere as long as I have friends. I have had times in my life where I have had to leave friends and haven't had the chance to make new friends yet, and those times are hard on me. Thanks to my friends who love me and take me how I am.
Hot Water - like I said, it is so nice to have a shower and feel clean and fresh.
A Clean House- hmmm, I haven't seen mine like that for a while. But I can still dream right? I try, but destucto forces work against me, you've seen some of the pictures on the blog.
Sports - right now soccer. I love it when I have a good game. It's so nice to see the results of hard work summed up in a short time period. Also on Monday morning I was able to push myself to run another 2 1/2 miles, even when my body (not lungs) was screaming to quit before I even reached 1/4 mile. I feel good when I can accomplish a run.
Bedtime - There are some days when bedtime cannot come fast enough. Days when I feel like the kids have done nothing but fight me, but when bedtime comes and I see those sleeping angels, I know that tomorrow is a new and better day.
Indoor plumbing and disposable diapers. Enough said.
Well I could go one forever, but I am probably boring already. My list continues another day. But I end with a big thanks to you. I am a blessed person.
1 comment:
Staten family!
Hello! I snuck over from the Kinghorn's blog! :) I don't know if you remember me... Sister Lloyd... (now Meredith McIlrath!) But I was a sister missionary in your ward when you got Livvy; I can't believe how big the kids are now... They are adorable!! Hope all is well!
Post a Comment