Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dessert time

While we were concluding Family Home Evening with a prayer, Ryan said, "please bless the refreshments." After the Amen, I asked him if he made the refreshments, he hadn't and neither had I. I've been potty training. That was a full time job on Monday.
As I searched the cupboards, fridge, and freezer, (all were looking quite bare due to being out of town and recovering from a job loss) the only thing I came up with was some frozen blueberries, and some bananas. I decided to make something nostalgic from my childhood. I defrosted the blueberries, poured them in little bowls, topped them with milk, then added a sprinkle of sugar. We did the same with the bananas slicing them and eating them in milk.
You would have thought I had made the best gourmet dessert ever. Everyone LOVED them, and slurped everything up to the last drop of milk. It was fun to think that something so simple, so healthy, and so easily repeated was so loved.

4 comments:

Weston and William's Blog said...

Haha, I love that Ryan prayed for the refreshments to be blessed (without knowing if there were any...), lol. TOTALLY something Raymond would do too. Hehe. And what a yummy treat! My grandma used to make those same type of desserts- we would have sliced bananas in milk all the time! Another favorite? A slice of bread with butter and sugar. Sounds not very good- but I remember LOVING it as a kid!

Kasey said...

Glad your desert turned out good. Maybe we'll have to try that one. Sounds easy.

Lindsey said...

I think that dessert sounds great. Way to improvise!

Clenece said...

I am glad you figured out something! LOL, that could have been bad!