Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I Did It

I DID IT! I set a goal and I accomplished it. I am embarrassed to say how long it's taken me, but I'm glad I did it.
A while back in General Conference (April of 2007) M. Russel Ballard gave a talk on the Miracle of the Bible. I very strongly felt that I needed to read the Old Testament. I have tried many times to read it, and get into Leviticus and have a hard time getting through it. This time I plugged along, and I was able to accomplish my goal. I was able to finish on Sept. 18Th, 2008. It felt good to do it, hopefully I'll be better about setting goals and accomplishing them.
I am thankful for the Scriptures which our Heavenly Father has given us. We have a loving Father who has provided us with a way to learn, and do in some cases and avoid in others, things that will help us grow closer to Him.

3 comments:

Clenece said...

Way to go girl! I am like many others who has the hardest time getting into the bible. So GREAT job at finishing!

Thanks for sharing your blog with me!

Weston and William's Blog said...

Wow- that is awesome!! That is on of my goals too... hmmm... maybe you've inspired me ;)

Sorry I missed your call today! Darn! I will be traveling tonight though, so if I can I will put in a call to you (depending on the traffic) or else I'll call you in the next couple days!

David said...

good for you!