Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Prayer

Tonight as we were sitting down to dinner, Olivia folded her arms and started saying the blessing all by herself (and without even being asked). Now it wasn't the longest prayer in the world, but my little 2 year 2month old (to the day) said, "Heavenly Father, Dank you por dis day. In da name...Jesus...Amen. It was so cute. She smiled so big afterward.

I was just thinking this morning what a wonderful age this is. It is so neat to hear all that she is learning and retaining. It is just a wonder what developments they make though these stages.

3 comments:

Kasey said...

I too love it when my kids pray too!!

Clenece said...

I love how sweet and pure their little prayer are!

Candace said...

I was recently reading a preschool book that talked about seeing your children for what is truly going on with them. It discussed their need for independence at the age of two and how they long to be self-sufficient. She said that if we saw it like that we wouldn't call them the "terrible twos." I agree. They want so much to be big in certain ways. I love appreciating my children and hearing the appreciation of others for their children always gladdens my heart. Thank you for sharing.