Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Aunt KK


Luke was playing with his cousins and Olivia and I went to Idaho Falls to visit some friends. We went to Kathy's work to surprise her and she was just getting into her car as we pulled up. We parked quickly in the spot next to her, and I started to wave to her. She politely waved back (with a look on her face saying who is this crazy person) and then proceeded to back out of her spot. I laid on the horn, and all the sudden it clicked and she pulled back in and jumped out. We went to McDonald's and had Ice Cream. Kathy Olivia and Olivia had fun bonding over ice cream.
We were able to catch up with Kathy and Scott, and their daughter Katie again the next day. They had spoiled the kids just like they normally do. They gave Luke water balloons and a slingshot (I said they were a "stay at Aunt KK's house" toy, but they told me that we had to take them with us. Luke and their Katie had so much fun with the water balloons, until Katie fell off the steps. (Katie is full grown and lives in her own house. We never did get the story of how she fell off the steps). Livvy was given a Baby Jamz Boom Box, which loves to dance to.
It was so nice to see them all again, and we're very thankful that Scott was back from Iraq safe and sound.
Thanks Kathy and Scott. We love you!

No comments: