How gross can you get? We have a beach about a mile away from our house. It is a fun beach with good sand, a lifeguard on duty, and they test the water daily for bacteria. We have always had fun there, but on Saturday it was a different story.
I had an Enrichment Circle Meeting and Ryan took the kids to the beach to play. They got home shortly after I did and I asked what happened to Livvy's skin. She was welted up all over her legs, and some on her arms. Luke had welts on his chest and and arms. (When Luke gets cold he dives into the sand to warm up). The poor kids were itching and miserable. Changing Olivia's diapers have been a feat to say the least. There's nowhere to grab on her legs without making her cry out "Owie, Owie!"
As gross as it is, it happened and everything got washed in hot water immediately. I haven't seen any sign of a flea anywhere near our house or car, so hopefully this situation is over and done.
I had to take Luke into the doctor for swimmers ear yesterday, and he confirmed that it most likely was sand fleas. Yuck!
I called the beach and they said that hadn't had any other reports of kids getting eaten alive.
No comments:
Post a Comment