Oh Happy Day! On Saturday we got a new dryer. It has been about 3 weeks without one. When someone asked me in disbelief at church that we had been 3 weeks without a dryer, a contrary lady asked me, "Well, what do you think they did in the old days?" (You can fill in the snotty tone on your own).
I replied, "They did what I've done, hung their clothes out to dry and then worn them wet." The humidity here was awful the first week we went without a dryer and it was impossible to truly get the clothes dry. After that, they did get dry after a couple days of drying. But since my space to hang clothes was limited, I had to wait until those clothes were dry to start the next load of laundry. I did take one load to our friend's and dried them there.
I do have to say that I am very glad to have my new, good, huge capacity dryer. It dries quickly, thoroughly, and warmly. Ahhh, fresh clean smelling clothes! Life is Good.
1 comment:
I don't know how you did it for so long. You are a tough cookie!!! Glad to hear you got a new dryer!
Post a Comment