We took a day in Utah, and the kids and I went to Temple Square. We had a lot of fun. We went to the Church Museum. They have a children's room there. Luke was able to make an imprint of the Tabernacle on a tile. There was a "I am a Child of God" room where the kids were able to play and dress up, color, and just play. They had a lot of fun. Olivia loved the robe she wore and she threw a fit when we made her take it off.
We went to the Temple Square and saw the Christus. Always seeing the huge statue of Christ brings overwhelming strong feelings of the spirit. We also were able to watch a display on families. We had a good time. We went to the Distribution Center and bought some things, and as we were leaving Luke saw people on the Church Office Building.
We went up to the observation deck. It was so high off the ground. Luke was so excited, but he is a little afraid of heights, so he was a little nervous. It had been years since I had been up there so it was kind of fun. Livvy is scared of elevators, but she did fine. She loved being up so high.
After we went to the Conference Center. The tours are about 40 minutes long, so we decided pretty quickly that that was not for us. It was close to 4:30 and Livvy hadn't had a nap, so she was a ticking time bomb.
We left and met my brother at his office downtown. We met up with Angella and the kids, and Becca and TY to go swimming. Livvy hated it. Luke was a fish. He was a little upset because they said he was too short to go down their water slide. He was able to sneak down it about 10 times before they told him though.
After, Neil, Becca, Ty, and our family went to dinner. Neil had to drive us home as it was too dark for me to see. He somehow, in a talented way that only Neil could, got his thumb twisted in my steering wheel. It was so swollen and painful for him. Then he proceeds to tell me that as he was spinning the steering wheel, it got caught the first time, and he thought, 'that really hurt,' and then he repeated the action and really hurt it.
Becca pulled up beside us to see why we were driving so slow, and Neil gives her the "Thumbs Up" sign and yells, "I think I broke my thumb!" Becca of course had no idea what he was talking about. We started laughing about how she's probably thinking, "You're really cool," or something like that. Becca called us to see what was going on, and I was laughing so hard I was crying. I couldn't even tell her the story. I had to give the phone to Luke to tell her what was up.
It was a fun time. Neil and Becca were really busy while we were there so we didn't get to do a whole lot with them, but it was fun to see them while we could.
No comments:
Post a Comment