Monday, August 4, 2008

Broken

Summertime!
After returning home from our 3 week trip, I noticed that the camera was broken. Grateful I bought the warranty that allows me to do everything short of submerging it in water and I am able to get it fixed. I took it in and they told me it would be 2-4 weeks to get it back. Too bad Olivia's birthday is Thursday. My wonderful neighbor told me we could borrow her camera for the big day, so at least we'll get some pictures. HMmmm, yep it was the same time last year at Olivia's birthday our camera was broken. Her first birthday and we don't have any good pictures of that momentous event.
Then after I took the camera in to get fixed, I went home to do some laundry. I dried the clothes and they still felt wet. I put them through for another go at it, and still wet. Yet again I ran the dryer and the clothes were still WET. I believe the heating element has gone kaput on the dryer. Any one know how hard it is to replace that?
So now I have been washing clothes, hanging them on hangers, and hanging them out on the monkey bars to dry. It works okay except for the undergarments and also the rainy days put a damper on clothes drying.
2 years ago when I went to Idaho for a month, the washing machine, the dishwasher and the garbage disposal broke. I guess it's time for another (Luke filled in the blank with HOUSE, as he was reading over my shoulder).
If it's not one thing it's another, or then again maybe it will be both. As I read this post it feels depressing. I don't really feel that way. For the camera, I have a warranty. Life is good. We have good friends and neighbors. For the dryer, at least it's summer and I can hang the clothes out. We even made a makeshift clothesline in the house the other night by tipping bar stools over, laying a broomstick over it, then hung the clothes on it. It is life, and while it is hard to ever get ahead, I have so many blessings. I know that the Lord will help us, and we will be just fine.

1 comment:

Steven said...

funny you should ask this...just the other day my friend and I were talking about how "cheap" we are. Her husband, during their college days, took their dryer apart to chance the heating element and she said there were part all over on the floor but it wasn't too bad. good luck!